In 42 days (goes to double check his math) I will embark on my 3rd year as a DJ down in Mexico for American spring breaks. To sum up the weeks I’m down there, everything you think happens…happens. It’s a controlled debauchery where my “skills” are used to:
1. Make sure the music is top notch (small detail…I’m a DJ) and
2. Make sure these kids party safely.
My time in Mexico is a task in itself that proves to be quite difficult. Your body goes through hell as it discovers you are no longer in Canada, alcohol consumption has gone up, and sleep hours go drastically down. As you may guess, after even the first week we are quite burnt.
The past two years I have managed to scrape by and balance my other jobs back home; Financial Advisor and 2 event planning/marketing/management businesses. The added stress of limited internet and cell phone connectivity tends to boost my anxiety and stress levels run high. However, one thing is for sure, proper preparation prevents poor performance. This year I am taking it to the next level.
The Experiment – Let’s break it down. We are unable to optimally perform without our body and mind running in sync. They both must be healthy and poised for the added stresses. There are two ways to go about balancing such stresses
- Consume what my body craves. Go through a constant cycle of uppers and downers which may seem easier, but ultimately will lead to an unhealthy lifestyle (smoking, drugs, alcohol, energy drinks, lethargic food).
- Get in better shape both mentally and physically. Eat well, enjoy the odd drink, workout, and be prepared to take on the tasks at hand (everything in moderation, even moderation).
I chose the latter. So here it is, we prepare with following 3 goals:
- Body in better shape to handle limited hours of sleep and change in eating habits once down south.
- Optimize the running of my businesses from abroad.
- Let’s drop a little belly fat shall we? May as well toss that in there.
- Inspire those around me (What? You can’t work, go to school, and be healthy? Bullsh*t!)
- Challenge myself.
- I forgot how much I enjoy writing
- I actually want to lose this belly fat. I have this sick 3-piece suit from my brother’s wedding and need to fit in it again.
- Prove that by being a professional in your lines of work, no matter how they differ, it is possible to succeed.
So here it is, just over 40 days to optimize my body, my health, and my work, then carry it forward as an even healthier lifestyle. I never thought I’d say this, but welcome to my “Blog”.
**Next Post** More information on who, what, where, when, and how.